2020 SIGNUP DATES & TIMES
PLEASE CLICK AND READ EVERY TAB BELOW BEFORE YOU ATTEND A SIGNUP!
Specifically view the “what you must bring” tab below to know all the documents you must bring to a meeting.
You will not be allowed to complete the final application document if you don’t arrive with the correct photocopies/documents. NO EXCEPTIONS!
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD AND AT LEAST 5’2″ WITH SHOES OFF.
Video – Click here to watch a video for important information about applying for detasseling this summer. The video gives information about how to complete your application forms. After watching the video, do the following:
- Download application 1 and application 2 onto your computer. Complete all fill-able boxes digitally and save both forms to your computer.
- Download this Bayer Corvid Permission form and complete with your paperwork.
- Print both sets of forms. Keep in the correct order and staple together as two separate sets of paperwork.
- Do not print your forms double-sided. All forms must be their own page!!!
- Provide your signatures and parent signatures in all designates spots.
- Attend a drive thru meeting to hand in your completed paperwork, including your correct photo ID’s. At the drive thru meeting, you will be required to complete one final application form in person. Be sure to bring your own pen to complete this additional form.
- Additional drive thru meeting times will be posted as needed and until our crews are full.
Drive thru meetings:
- All application meetings for the 2020 season are finished.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING
- Bring your completed application forms! DO NOT MAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO US!
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must attend the signup with you.
- If you don’t have your current school ID card, driver’s license, passport or learner’s permit, then go to the DMV and have a State ID issued to you. You may also go to the office at your school and see if they can print out another student ID card for you. If you are a current LPS student, you may also go to your school office and ask them to print Synergy Report: STU201 for you to bring to a signup meeting. If you get a printout from your school, the secretary MUST also sign their name on the top of the report. This report must also include your school photo. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If you are NOT a US Citizen, you will need to bring your Permanent Resident Alien Card (Green Card). You will need to bring 2 photocopies of this document. Both the front and backside!
- All applicants (even if you worked for us in the past) must attend a signup and bring your correct photocopied documents!
- If you would like to sign up for direct deposit, you MUST bring a voided check to the meeting.
To properly complete the government I-9 Employment Eligibility Form, you MUST have one ID from List B and one ID from List C and bring them with you to a signup. Bring 2 photocopies (for us to keepp) of both the front and back of both documents, even if the backside is blank, along with the originals for us to see. Do NOT fill out the I-9 prior to coming to a signup, you will fill it out at the time of signup.
Our recommended most common forms of identification to bring to a signup are (bring 1 ID from each list):List B
- Current school ID Card with photo
- Learner’s Permit
- Driver’s License
- State Issued ID Card [Get from DMV]
- If current LPS Student: Synergy Report STU201 printed from your school office. Report must have your photo on it. Secretary must sign their name on top of report
- Social Security Card
- Certified Birth Certificate
There are required employment forms that must be completed before you can begin working.
The following forms will be completed when you attend your selected signup date:
- Disclosure form (application and agreement)
- State and federal W-4 forms
- I-9 form (employee verification)
- You will need to know your social security number to fill out the employment forms and bring your 2 required forms of ID.
DIRECT DEPOSITIf you wish to signup for direct deposit, you MUST bring a VOIDED CHECK to your selected signup.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, we recommend you bring your Permanent Resident Card also.
- If you know or suspect you may have asthma, consult with your doctor as to whether this job is appropriate for you. IF YOU SUFFER FROM ASTHMA, WE REQUIRE A DOCTOR NOTE FROM YOU BEFORE YOU COME TO A MEETING TO APPLY FOR DETASSELING. THE NOTE SHOULD STATE THAT YOUR DOCTOR APPROVES OF YOU PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY.