This page updated daily during the detasseling season to inform workers
Working Buses For August 4, 2023:
The 2023 season is officially finished!!
Great job to all of you and we can’t thank you enough for the effort you put forth and the field conditions you endured – rain, storms, mud, tall corn and excessive heat. You are strong kids and showed great mental toughness and grit to persevere through this season. Have a wonderful school year and hope to see you all back with us next summer. THANK YOU!
July 21, 2023 at 3:19 PM:
Kids are working hard in some tough storm-damaged fields. We appreciate their effort so much!! Thank you!
Pioneer brand Camelbaks still available – $20. Send an email if you’d like to purchase one.
Crew lists are posted on the ‘Travel’ page View Travel Page
Please review the Bayer Detasseling Handbook. (See Below)
ALL 2023 DETASSELERS:
Please review this Bayer Detasseling Handbook prior to the season starting. On your 1st day of work, you will be required to sign off that you have reviewed this document.
- The 2023 season started July 7th.
- Locate your name on the crew lists that are posted on the “Travel” page. Then, be checking the “Working Buses” up above on a daily basis and report to work when you see your assigned bus is listed to work.
- Once your bus is listed to begin work, with an official start date, you MUST send an email (email@example.com) to us with your full name and bus # in the subject line to verify you are able to begin work on the first day your bus is scheduled to begin work.
- On the “Travel” page, under Detasseler Info, there will be instructions posted the first week of July to opt into a bus return notification option.
- Workers must be wearing long pants and long sleeves at all times in the field.
- Roguing Pay Periods:
- Checks for the roguing season will arrive to mailboxes between July 13th to July 17th.
- Detasseling Pay Periods:
- 1st Pay Period: Hours between July 7th and July 20th. Checks arrive to mailboxes from TA DET, Inc approximately July 29 – August 1.
- 2nd Pay Period: Hours between July 21st and August 3rd. Checks arrive to mailboxes from TA DET, Inc approximately August 12 – August 15.
- Incentive payments for completed rows, if earned, will be paid at the conclusion of the season on your final paycheck. Refer to the blue “Incentive Pay Sheet” you received when you submitted your application back in the spring.
Please do not lose paychecks! This is a hassle for both you and us to work through. It’s not a simple process to get another check issued to you and you will be delayed in receiving your money. DO NOT post photos of your paycheck on the social media – this has led to fraud in our accounts in the past.
Incentive paychecks, if earned, are determined by the blue “Incentive Pay Sheet” you received when you signed up back in the spring. MOST 1st year detasselers are not efficient enough to earn an incentive payment. That does not mean all 2nd year workers and above automatically earn an incentive payment. If you do not receive an incentive check, then you were not efficient enough at completing rows to earn an incentive payment.