This page updated daily during the detasseling season to inform workers
Working Buses For Aug 8, 2022:
The 2022 season is officially over! Thank you to everyone for all your hard work this summer. Have a great school year and hope to see you all back with us next summer. Signups will begin in April 2023.
ALL 2022 DETASSELERS:
Please review this Bayer Detasseling Handbook prior to the season starting. On your 1st day of work, you will be required to sign off that you have reviewed this document.
- July 10th is the first day of the 2022 season.
- Locate your name on the crew lists that are posted on the “Travel” page. Then, be checking the “Working Buses” up above on a daily basis and report to work when you see your assigned bus is listed to work.
- You MUST send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to us with your full name and bus # in the subject line to verify you are able to begin work on Sunday, July 10th.
- On the “Travel” page, under Detasseler Info, there are instructions to opt into text notification for bus return times. Updated crew information is also posted.
- Workers must be wearing long pants and long sleeves at all times in the field.
- Pay Periods:
- 1st Pay Period: All hours between July 10th – 23rd. Checks arrive to mailboxes between July 28th-August 1st.
- 2nd Pay Period: All hours between July 24th – August 5th. Checks arrive to mailboxes between August 19th – August 23rd.
- Incentive payments for completed rows, if earned, will be paid at the conclusion of the season on your final pay period check. Refer to the blue “Incentive Pay Sheet” you received when you submitted your application back in the spring.
Please do not lose paychecks! This is a hassle for both you and us to work through. It’s not a simple process to get another check issued to you and you will be delayed in receiving your money. DO NOT post photos of your paycheck on the social media – this has led to fraud in our accounts in the past. Specific pay dates and when you can expect to receive paychecks will be updated during the season Thank you!
Incentive paychecks, if earned, are determined by the blue “Incentive Pay Sheet” you received when you signed up back in the spring. MOST 1st year detasselers are not efficient enough to earn an incentive payment. That does not mean all 2nd year workers and above automatically earn an incentive payment. If you do not receive an incentive check, then you were not efficient enough at completing rows to earn an incentive payment.